Kim Ho-kyung, a student at Incheon National University's Department of Formative Arts, will hold a solo exhibition to select "Gyeonggi Arts' First Support Contest."

글번호
작성일
2024-10-06
수정일
2024-10-06
작성자
홍보팀 (032-835-9490)
조회수

Kim Ho-kyung, a student at Incheon National University's Department of Formative Arts, was selected for the "2024 Gyeonggi Arts Life First Support Contest" hosted by Gyeonggi-do Province and the Gyeonggi Cultural Foundation, and will hold a solo exhibition in Suwon, Gyeonggi-do.

This is Kim Ho-kyung's first solo exhibition, and works that observe the contemporary era with a unique contemplative attitude will be displayed. The exhibition will run from Sept. 28 to Oct. 11, and the works will be displayed in two spaces: Areum (2nd floor), an art space located in Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, and UZ (b1st floor).

In the basement, "Experiment Space UZ", the story of taking a step back from a distance is told with a contemplative gaze. The painting set in the studio contains the concerns and experiments as a writer, and the reflective appreciation he felt while looking back on himself.

In "Art Space Areum", the story of the artist looking at the outside world honestly is unfolded. Works that record moments where you can catch your breath for a while will be displayed in the moments that pass quickly.

Kim Ho-kyung's contemporary feeling the most is 'anxiety'. He feels that modern society is changing too rapidly and is overheated by it. His work contains an attempt to find a kind of refuge in this overheated society.

It conveys the message, "We need to get out of a fierce and comparative situation and focus on who I am."

Kwon Soon-hak, a professor of the Department of Formative Arts at Incheon National University, said, "I sincerely congratulate Kim Ho-kyung on his great growth through his first solo exhibition, and his deep thinking and sensuous e-x-p-r-e-s-s-i-o-n in his work fully demonstrate his potential as a young artist. I hope that more people will be able to experience his original perspective through this exhibition." In addition, Kwon delivered a warm message, saying, "This exhibition is a moment of great pride not only for Kim Ho-kyung but also for the entire undergraduate department, and I hope he will achieve good results in his first solo exhibition and continue to walk on his path as an artist."

exhibition information

Exhibit name: Kim Ho-kyung's solo exhibition

Exhibition period: September 28 to October 11, 2024 (closed every Monday)

Opening event: September 28 at 18:00

Exhibition location: 834, Jeongjo-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, Art Space and Experimental Space UZ

사진 설명 : 인천대학교 조형예술학부 김호경학생, ‘경기예술 생애 첫 지원 공모’선정 개인전 개최사진 설명 : 인천대학교 조형예술학부 김호경학생, ‘경기예술 생애 첫 지원 공모’선정 개인전 개최

사진 설명 : 인천대학교 조형예술학부 김호경학생, ‘경기예술 생애 첫 지원 공모’선정 개인전 개최

사진 설명 : 인천대학교 조형예술학부 김호경학생, ‘경기예술 생애 첫 지원 공모’선정 개인전 개최

첨부파일